Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Guy Stands His Ground Over a PICTURE of his kid... at Delware Open Carry

HERE IS THE LINK   


NOTE>.. this is not me. It was a forum post I happened across earlier.

This it the beginning of the story:


The fight has officially been brought to my front door

Last night I was out with a buddy of mine. I got a text from my wife that the cops and dyfs are at the house and they wanna check out my guns and needed me to open my safe.
I'm instantly on my way. I get in contact with evan Nappen on the way. I explain the situation. I walk in my house and hand the phone to the first cop I see. Then direct all of em outside. Dyfs got a call because of a pic on my son holding a gun. They wanted to look around and check all my guns out, make sure they were all registered. Obviously that didn't go well because I refused. I had Nappen on speaker phone the entire time so they had to deal with both of us. They kept trying to pressure me to open my safe. They had no warrant, no charges, nothing. I didn't budge. I was told I was being "unreasonable" and that I was acting suspicious because I wouldn't open my safe. Told me they were gonna get a search warrant. Told em go ahead. Nappen (my lawyer) asked me for the dyfs workers name. she wouldnt give it. i asked for credentials and she wouldnt show em. i tried to take a pic of her and she turned around real fast and walked away. After a while of them threatening to take my kids, get warrants and intimidation they left. Empty handed and seeing nothing.

People it can happen that fast. Most people wouldn't have stood up to them like I did. 







That's a m&p-15 22

They never even saw the picture. It was all hear say. Just a phone call saying someone saw a pic of a child holding a gun.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you.

    Having been a cop all of my life, I understand what is legal and what is not and this story makes sense to me. Their approach sucked.

    You should have seen the poor state trooper who stopped me in front of my house last year for 4 MPH over the limit.

    I undressed that asshole and told him real cops didn't have time for meter maid work. When he asked me if I wanted a ticket, I said, I didn't give a shit. I have a feeling he may think twice before trying that heavy handed shit again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Brian, I just wanted to let you know this wasn't me.. I just cut the first section of the forum post out to give my readers the beginning of the story. Sorry for the confusion.

      Hope all is well!

      Delete
  2. Many police would like to take your guns. An unarmed public and armed police = POLICE STATE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The post you linked to was posted in March of 2013. The poster joined the forum in Aug 2012. I made the same mistake and got corrected on it. Thought I would pass it along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi anon when/where/how? did you get corrected? I removed the date I had posted due to your info.
      thanks

      Delete

Leave us a comment if you like...